Information for Your Visit
Under the current Bavarian Infection Prevention Regulation, the following rules apply when incidence values are equal to or greater than 35:
- For both simple museum visits and participation in indoor tours and events, admittance is generally permitted only for visitors who have been vaccinated, have recovered, or have recently tested negative. (Results from a fast antigen test are valid for 24 hours; a PCR test is valid for 48 hours, unfortunately, self-tests are not possible.) You will need to present documentation of your status at the ticket desk. There are exceptions for children under age 6 and for school children who are regularly tested at school (this also applies during school holidays).
- Everyone age 6 or above is required to wear a mask indoors. The new mask standard is a medical (or "surgical") mask. You are no longer required to wear an FFP2 mask.
- The ticket desk will take your contact information. You can take care of this on site, either by using the "Luca" app, or using the form that will be available there. If you wish, you can also download the form from the link below before you come, fill it out, and bring it with you to the museum.
Provide your contact information (PDF-File 18 KB)
- While visiting the Documentation Center, please don't forget to comply with the hygiene rules that apply everywhere.
- f you feel ill, or have had contact with someone with a case of COVID-19 during the past 14 days, please be considerate of the need for general protection against this infection and cancel or reschedule your plans to visit a museum.
Online Reservations and Advance Contact Information Registration
You are very welcome to reserve a date in advance online for your visit to the Documentation Center. At the same time, you can also provide your contact information as required by anti-pandemic regulations.
There will still be a few steps to take:
- Register (set up an account; the account will not be opened until you confirm in response to an email)
- Fill out an application on the registration page
- Book a date for your visit (appointment will be confirmed by an email)
You’ll still pay for your ticket at the ticket office on site; if you’ve already reserved, there’s no need to wait in line. Along with proof that you meet the 3G requirement (meaning you’ve either been vaccinated, recovered or tested negative), please have your reservation confirmation ready, which will also serve as your contact information registration. If you’re unable to get here for your reserved visit, or if you’ve booked it by mistake, that slot will remain unavailable to anyone else and the reservation will lapse with no replacement or refund. You do not need to cancel by phone or email.
The Documentation Center is being remodeled. During construction, the former Permanent Exhibition has been replaced by a new Interim Exhibition in the large exhibition hall. We regret that for the time being, this is the only part of the building that is accessible to visitors.